Lemon bubbles....wiling away a wet day in Brisbane

It's a wet old day here in Brisbane, so I decided to get out the macro lens and play with some liquid macro photography!

I was inspired by one of the macro tutorials in a Kelby Training online tutorial, to shoot a lemon with bubbles.

The set up was easy enough - light tent, with a black background. My 5D II + 90mm Tamron lenses was mounted on a tripod, and I placed a square vase on an upturned bowl (to raise the vase off the bottom of the light tent).

My speedlight, sitting behind the whole set up, was dialed down to 1/64 power and triggered remotely.  Then I just experimented with aperture for different effects.

I did a few test shots with the lemon clipped into place to check focus, then added a litre of soda water, which bubbled around the lemon.

Here are the final results (including the set up of the shoot) :)

ISO 800, f/4.5, 1/6 sec
ISO 800, f/8, 1/80 sec
 

No comments:

Post a Comment