Degustation Menu at Sono - OH YES!

My birthday celebrations continued last night, with dinner at the delicious Sono, in Brisbane's Queen Street Mall.

Michael, my parents, one of my food-loving besties from Sydney and I shared the Sono degustation experience for over four hours....and every morsel of it was fabulous. I would definitely recommend the Zen option!

I loved having my new G12 on hand - far less intrusive than one of the big DSLR cameras, although we were in a private room, so it wouldn't have been a problem to pull the big guns out.

Here's what we ate, and some pictures. The photos may not do the food justice - the sake was flowing fast and furiously, but the entire evening made for a completely unforgettable Japanese meal!

* Zensai
* Assorted sashimi
* Steamed white fish with enoki mushroom and cherry leaves
* Wagyu steak grilled on magnolia leaf
* Deep-fried lobster with tea leaves and wonton skin
* Duck and prawn in yolk vinegar sauce
* Assorted sushi
* Miso soup with clams
* Dessert platter










No comments:

Post a Comment