365 Challenge #350 - 360 Degree Pano's on the iPhone


I was reading about a new photography app for the iPhone, and had to give it a burl. Photosynth for iPhone is a free app developed by Microsoft, and lets you take 360 degree panoramas.

I didn't have a chance to play with it in daylight, so here's a low light (almost 360 degree) shot of my apartment - taken with Photosynth, then cropped on the iPhone in another app I love, ProCamera.

Photosynth takes a bit of getting used to - keeping the iPhone camera on a straight plane all the way around can be tricky. The low light conditions in my lounge room also made it a bit tricky - the app tells you to "pause occasionally" in low light.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how Photosynch works in decent daylight, and in a setting that lends itself more to 360 degree panos. It's certainly good value :)

No comments:

Post a Comment