365 Challenge #237 - Purple Rain

After practicing yesterday, I still wasn't getting the look I was aiming for with the dripping tap experiment. So I set up the shot again tonight and tried a different approach.

I shot this with my trusty Canon EOS 5D Mark II with the Tamron 90mm macro lens, on f/4.5 1/40, ISO-100, WB=flash. The speedlight flash was set to +2 exposure, and I used both a red and blue Honl gel over the flash to create the funky colours. The whole rig was on a tripod and fired with a cable release. This shot is definitely sharper with a tripod - that'll teach me to be lazy!

I used a white bread board as a backdrop, which seemed to carry the red and blue reflection.

I bumped up the clarityand contrast in Photoshop and voila. I still have a another shot in mind that I've yet to create, but I'll crack it...at some point.

2 comments: